Product managers do many, many things.
Sometimes they lose sight of why.
→ Test your product management and data skills with this free Growth Skills Assessment Test.
→ Learn data-driven product management in Simulator by GoPractice.
→ Learn growth and realize the maximum potential of your product in Product Growth Simulator.
→ Join our discussion on LinkedIn. New topics to talk about every week.
Here is what PMs do:
- Motivate and align the team
- Build a roadmap
- Be a user advocate, make features for them, and improve key metrics
- Prioritize and find the quickest ways to test hypotheses
- Use A/B testing and data analysis to learn about users and improve product understanding
- Manage backlog, be responsible for the product’s revenue, and more
But these are merely means to an end.
Here is the “why” for PMs:
The ultimate goal of any PM is to find better ways to solve users’ problems. This forms the cornerstone of product growth.
The things above are just tools you can use to achieve that.